Monday, April 26, 2010

Will the military treat my acne in boot camp?

This seems to be a question that nobody can answer so far... My recruiter doesn't know neither does the Chief in my district of recruiting. Do they allow face wash in boot camp if I bring it? If not, will they treat my condition? I'm going AIRR and am very excited. Will the military treat my acne in boot camp?
no. you may not bring anything with you unless you have an Rx for it, and even then they may just issue you a new one and provide what they want to let you have.





BTW: severe acne can be a DQ, so hopefully you have disclosed it to your recruiter. Will the military treat my acne in boot camp?
It depends what branch of military you go into. The marines, I know they don't. Acne isn't quite a ';bad'; condition. In marines, you may only wash your hair/head once or twice a week. However you're going to have to ask the recruiter, and just let him know you just need an honest answer and I have no doubts that he'll make the necessary phone call to find out for you.


GL
It depends. If it is a serious health matter they might treat it. If its something that is nto that bad they will more than likely give you a type of wash for you to treat it with. If you go Active Duty you can get it treated once you reach your duty station. Good Luck
well you can attempt to bring it, worst case they will lock it up honestly you proabbaly wont have too much time to worry about your acne.... once you are in ait you will have more time and can look after it and everything. hope this helps
I really doubt you're going to get any topical treatments other than soap. My brother has exzema and they didn't give him anything for that (which is an actual medical issue).

No comments:

Post a Comment