Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Does anyone know how young you can treat children's acne?

My 8 yr old has developed mild acne on his face and upper arms. Washing does not make it go away. Any suggestions?Does anyone know how young you can treat children's acne?
Poor little guy. I also developed acne at an early age. Try washing his face and upper arms with a cleanser containing salicylic acid. Then apply a thin layer of persa gel 10. You can get it at the drugstore. It has benzoyl peroxide, a proven acne fighting ingredient. If that doesn't help I would take him to the doctor. Acne can be devastating to a child's esteem.Does anyone know how young you can treat children's acne?
a dermatologist is what you need, at that age... id have to say its not an issue of washing him and that its much more then just his skin.
I use ProActive. Expensive, yes but works great!
Yes, a Doctor sounds like a good idea. Doctor first, but in my personal experience, medication can often make it worse, I had clean skin when I only used regular bath soap.
He may be allergic to something. See a dermatologist for the best results
Doctor visit is my advice.
  • blushed
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment